Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Add and Delete Shapes in
an Organization Chart
Open a presentation in PowerPoint.
Select your organization chart. Then select the existing
shape that you want to add to.
In the Ribbon, click the Design/SmartArt Tools tab.
In the Create Graphic group, click the arrow under Add
Shape and choose one of the following from the
submenu, as shown in Figure 11-9:
• Add Shape After: Adds a shape at the same level after
the existing shape.
• Add Shape Before: Adds a shape at the same level
before the existing shape.
• Add Shape Above: Adds a shape one level above the
• Add Shape Below: Adds a shape one level below the
• Add Assistant: Adds a shape between the existing
shape and any shapes below the existing shape.
Figure 11-9: Add shapes to your org chart
To delete a shape, click its border and press Delete.
To add text to a shape, simply click in the shape and