Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Spell Check Slides
Open a presentation in PowerPoint.
Click Review in the Ribbon (see Figure 5-7).
Click Spelling to open the Spelling dialog box (see
Figure 5-7: Click Review and click Spelling to open the Spelling dialog box.
Click one of the following:
• Ignore/Ignore All: Click Ignore to ignore a word you
know is spelled correctly. Click Ignore All if the word
is repeated in your presentation.
• Change/Change All: Accept PowerPoint’s suggestion
in the Change To text box by clicking Change or
Change All. If PowerPoint provides no suggestion,
type the correct spelling in the Change To text box.
• Add: Click Add if you want to add a word to a
• Suggest: Click Suggest, and PowerPoint provides one
or more options in the Suggestions list.
• AutoCorrect: Click AutoCorrect to add a word to the
AutoCorrect list. When you type the word again on a
slide, PowerPoint autocorrects any misspelling you
might type for the word.
• Close: Click Close when finished spell-checking.
• Options: Click Options to open the PowerPoint
Options dialog box where you can edit AutoCorrections
Options and add words to a custom dictionary.
Figure 5-8: Make choices for correcting words to either accept
or ignore words not found in the PowerPoint dictionary
The PowerPoint Options dialog box enables you to create multiple custom
dictionaries where you can add words that may not be available in the
default PowerPoint dictionary. You can add proper nouns, scientific names,
special words related to your industry, and more to a custom dictionary.
Click Close after performing a spell check.