Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
you tell Project to assume that the tasks started and progressed exactly
on time. The Set 0% or 100% Complete Only setting works a little
differently. This setting says to Project, just record 100% complete on tasks
that the baseline said would be complete by now, but leave all other
tasks at 0% complete.
Reschedule Uncompleted Work to Start After: This setting reschedules
the portions of tasks that aren’t yet complete to start after the date you
specify in this dialog box.
To use Update Project, do this:
1. Display Gantt Chart view.
2. If you want to update only certain tasks, select them.
3. Choose Tools
The Update Project dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 13-7.
tasks or the
4. Choose the Update method you prefer: Set 0% – 100% Complete or
Set 0% or 100% Complete Only.
5. If you want a status date other than the current date, set it in the field
in the upper-right corner.
6. If you want Project to reschedule any work rather than updating work
as complete, select the Reschedule Uncompleted Work to Start After
option and then select a date from the list.
7. Choose whether you want these changes to apply to the entire project
or only to selected tasks.
8. Click OK to save the settings and have Project make updates.
If you want, you can use Update Project to make some global changes, such
as marking all tasks that should be complete according to baseline as 100
percent complete. Then go in and perform more detailed task-by-task
tracking on individual tasks that are only partially complete.