Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
11. Click the Calendar setting and select a different calendar to base the
You can find out more about calendar choices in Chapter 3.
12. Click OK to save your new settings which apply only to the timescale
for the currently displayed view.
You can use the Size setting on the three tier tabs to shrink the display
proportionately to get more information on your screen or the printed page.
Displaying different columns
Each spreadsheet view has certain default columns of data that are stored in
tables. Gantt Chart view with the Tracking table displayed, for example, has
data related to the progress of tasks. The Resource sheet contains many
columns of data about resources that can be useful for entering new resource
information. In addition to displaying predefined tables of columns, you can
modify any spreadsheet table to display any columns you like.
Follow this procedure to show selected columns of data:
1. Right-click the column heading area and then choose Insert Column.
The Column Definition dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 2-9.
2. In the Field Name list, select the field that contains the information
you want to include.
3. If you want to enter a different title for the field, type it in the Title box.
The title in the current view appears in the column heading for this field.
4. Use the Align Title, Align Data, and Width options to modify the
5. Click OK to insert the column.