Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Follow these steps to use this template:
1. In Excel, open the template called Microsoft Project Task List Import
2. Fill in information about Tasks, Resources, and Dates in the
appropriate columns, and then save the file.
3. Open Project and choose File
The Open dialog box appears.
4. Locate the Excel Project Template file you just saved and then click
The Import Wizard appears.
5. Click Next to begin the wizard.
6. Choose the second option, Project Excel Template, for the format of
the data you’re importing. Then click Next.
7. On the next wizard screen, choose the method for importing the file.
You can import the file As a New Project, to Append the Data to the
Active Project, or to Merge the Data into the Active Project. If you
choose the third option, you have to create a merge key that delineates
how the data should merge with existing tasks.
8. Click Finish.
The project appears with whatever tasks, resources, and assignment
information you entered in a project plan format.