Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Working with Multiple Axes
Follow these steps to add two new value axes for this scatter chart:
1. Select the Group B series.
2. Press Ctrl+1 to display the Format Data Series dialog box.
3. In the Format Data Series dialog box, click the Series Options tab.
4. Choose the Secondary Axis option.
At this point, each of the series has its own y-value axis (one on the left, one on the right), but
they share a common x-value axis.
5. Choose Chart Tools ➜ Layout ➜ Axes ➜ Secondary Horizontal Axis ➜ Show Default Axis.
Note that this Ribbon command is available only if you’ve assigned a series to the
Figure 6-23 shows the result. The Group B series uses the left and bottom axes, and the Group A
series uses the right and top axes. The chart also has four axis titles to clarify the axes for each group.
If necessary, the scales for each axis can be adjusted separately.
Figure 6-23: This chart uses four value axes.