Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Using Slicers as Form Controls
This formula tells Excel to check the value of cell N8:
● If the value of cell N8 is 1, which represents the value of the Income option, the formula
returns the value in the Income dataset (cell G9).
● If the value of cell N8 is 2, which represents the value of the Expense option, the formula
returns the value in the Expense dataset (cell G13).
● If the value of cell N8 is neither 1 nor 2, the value in the Net dataset (cell G17) is returned.
7. Copy the formula down and across to build out the full staging table (see Figure 16-27).
Figure 16-27: The final staging table fed via the slicer.
8. Create a chart using the staging table as the source.
With this simple technique, you can provide your customers with an attractive interactive menu that
more effectively adheres to the look and feel of their dashboards.