Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
following steps to find out how to add the major search engines through the
Microsoft search site so that you have more choices aside from Microsoft’s Bing:
1. Open the desktop version of Internet Explorer if it is not already open.
2. Browse to tweaks.com/731133 .
3. When you find a provider you want to add, click the logo.
4. On the details screen, click the Add To Internet Explorer button.
5. When the Add Search Provider box is shown, make sure to check the
Make This My Default Search Provider box if you want to make it the
default to replace Bing. Then click Add and you are finished, as shown
in Figure 10-1.
Figure 10-1: You can add search engines to Internet Explorer 10.
The new search engine is configured. You can switch among active search
engines by using the down arrow, next to the search box in Internet Explorer.
If you already have your search engines set up and want to remove or change
the default search engine, the next section is for you.