Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Tweaking the Paging File
So, now that you know the concerns, you are ready to follow these steps to
disable the paging file:
1. Open the Start screen, type in sysdm.cpl , and hit Enter.
2. When System Properties loads, click the Advanced tab, as shown in
3. Under the Performance section, click Settings.
4. Click the Advanced tab and then click Change under Virtual Memory.
This loads the Virtual Memory screen.
5. Uncheck the Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives box.
6. For each drive listed in the box that has a paging file configured on it,
select the No Paging File option and click Set, as shown in Figure 16-5.
Figure 16-4: Select the Advanced system settings.