Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Speeding Up Firefox
4. Type network.http in the Search box and hit Enter.
5. Scroll down the list and locate network.http.max-persistent-
connections-per-server , as shown in Figure 17-4.
Figure 17-4: Modify the configuration of Firefox.
6. Right-click this setting and click Modify. Enter a higher value, such as 15,
and click OK.
7. Enable parallel downloads, which is known as pipelining in Firefox. Scroll
further down the list and locate network.http.pipelining .
8. Right-click this setting and click Toggle to set it to true.
9. Scroll down and modify network.http.pipelining.maxrequests . Set this
to a value of at least 15 and click OK.
TIP If you use a proxy server to connect to the Internet, you will also want to
toggle network.http.proxy.pipelining .
10. Now increase the max number of total connections. Locate network.http
11. Right-click and click Modify.