Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Removing Specific Entries from Taskbar Jump Lists
To get started using Disk Cleanup, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start screen, type cleanmgr , and press Enter.
2. If your computer has multiple hard drives, you are prompted to select
which drive you want to clean. Select the drive you want to clean and
3. After the utility has analyzed your computer, it gives you a report of
various types of files that it can clean, as shown in Figure 20-9. Scroll through
the list and make sure that only Temporary Internet Files and Temporary
Files are checked.
4. Click OK to run the cleanup.
5. Hit Delete Files on the confirmation screen.
The utility now runs and exits automatically when it is finished cleaning
your hard drive.
Figure 20-9: Use Disk Cleanup to remove temporary files.