Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Opening a presentation
If the presentation you want to open does not appear on the Recent Presentations list,
follow these steps to ﬁ nd and open it:
1. If the Open screen does not already appear, choose File
2. Click the location from which you want to open a presentation, which may be
your SkyDrive or Computer (for locally stored ﬁ les).
3. If a shortcut appears to the folder that contains the ﬁ le you want, click it.
Otherwise, click Browse to browse for the location. The Open dialog box appears.
4. Choose the ﬁ le you want to open. If necessary, change the location to ﬁ nd the ﬁ le.
See the section “Changing Drives and Folders” earlier in this chapter if you need help.
5. Click Open. The presentation opens.
To open more than one presentation at once, hold down the Ctrl key as you click each ﬁ le you
want to open. When you click the Open button, they all open in their own windows. For more
information, see the sidebar “Working with Multiple Presentations” later in this chapter.
The Open button in the Open dialog box has its own drop-down list from which you can
select commands that open the ﬁ le in different ways. See Figure 21.14, and refer to
Table 21.4 for an explanation of the available options.
The Open button’s menu contains several special options for opening a ﬁ le.